The governance bodies of the International Management Division include an Executive Committee (EC), Division Treasurer, and various Division Committees. The Executive Committee is elected by the Division membership at large. Members are elected for a period of five years progressing through the following positions on the Executive Committee: Division PDW Chair, Division Program Chair, Division Chair-Elect, Division Chair, and Immediate-past Division Chair. Elections for the new member joining the EC are conducted online each Spring.
Members of the Executive Committee in 2022-2023 are:
• Katherine Xin (Immediate-past Division chair)
• William Newburry (Division Chair)
• Grazia Santangelo (Division Chair-Elect)
• Nandini Lahiri (Division Program Chair)
• Klaus Meyer (Division PDW Chair)
The Division Treasurer is appointed by the Executive Committee for a minimum of two years. The current Division Treasurer is Malika Richards.
There are 9 Division committees with their respective mandates, responsibilities, and activities. They are:
- Research Awards Committee
- Teaching Committee
- Communications Committee
- Professional Awards Committee
- Doctoral Student Committee
- Membership Drive Committee
- Scholarship and Engagement Committee
- Best Dissertation Award Committee
- Research Methods Committee
All division committee members are volunteers and active members of the IM Division. They are appointed by the Executive Committee for a maximum of three years, with the exception of a few roles where this does not apply due to the unique needs of the role. The Executive Committee encourages division members to volunteer or recommend active members for committee service. To ensure continuity, committee chairs are selected from existing committee members and may serve an additional three-year term in this capacity.